Ultra EC: The Ideal Solution for Battery-Operated Power Tools
Ultra EC high-performance motors are an ideal solution for battery-operated power tools. Constructed using the very best technology, Ultra EC motors are built to surpass the rigorous demands of industrial users.
Let's take a closer look at why Ultra EC motors are so well suited to withstand the intense demands of industrial power tools. Special attention is given to thermal management through an embedded temperature sensor in the coil head. The lamination stack has the ability to improve iron losses during the rundown phase which occurs at high speeds. Since mechanical integration is essential for industrial hand tools these products are available with a dedicated oversized shaft and features such as gear cut and shapes in.
In addition, the front and rear flanges can be tailored to increase mechanical compatibility or allow specific add-on devices such as encoders to be mounted. The cables are essential in the electrical power transmission and are sized according to application needs. Various connectors can be installed to create more efficient assembly lines. Whatever your application challenge, Ultra EC motors provide numerous benefits including:
- Faster rundown: With compact design, these ergonomic tools are miniature motors that supply maximum density. Plus it saves time in the free-run phase to finish each operation faster and move on to the next.
- Higher peak torque: Increase your tool output range and make your tool much more energy efficient.
- Smaller size, lighter weight: With compact design, these ergonomic tools are miniature motors that supply maximum density.
- Reduced operator fatigue: Provide workers tools they can comfortably use all day long.
- Lower operating temperatures: Deliver energy to the application - not the user - for longer battery life and motor life.
While Ultra EC motors offer a wide range of speeds and impressive torque capabilities, it is essential to highlight that these motors are used in a non-continuous way. Thus, it is necessary to use the peak capabilities during short periods of time to significantly increase the tool output. This is demonstrated by the peak torque values where a motor can deliver up to 10x its maximum, continuous torque providing to achieve up to 2.4 newton meters of torque and speeds up to 40,000 rpm. We remain engaged throughout the the course of your project, and everything we do is focused on providing you breakthrough designs.
Our design engineers are available for in-depth consultations as early as the ideation stage when they can deliver the most value for a successful final design. We offer our expertise and industry knowledge to bring your concept to market faster working as partners. We remain engaged throughout the the course of your projects everything we do is focused on keeping you competitive by offering great value, quality products, and unparalleled application expertise.
At Portescap, we’re more than just motors. To learn more about what we can do for your business, please visit our website www.portescap.com or call your regional representative.